The climb time begins after sunset and captures the sparkling lights from the CBD and the vast canopy of Brisbane’s skyline. Descend under the warm glow of the ever-changing Story Bridge multi-coloured LED lighting system
The adventure begins at our Climb base camp, directly under the Story Bridge itself. After a quick pre-climb brief, you’ll depart our base and ascend a spiral staircase that leads to the start of our suspended walkway directly beneath the Bradfield Highway (Australia’s shortest Highway).
From here you’re connected to our climb line for the entire climb and you’ll start the journey along the suspended walkway to the base of the southern pylon, learning about the colourful history of the Story Bridge and Brisbane.
By now you should have warmed up – because it’s climb time! Start the climb up through the inner Eastern bridge arm, climbing level with one of Brisbane’s busiest commute points and then ascending straight up the south-eastern cantilever arm that stretches over the Brisbane River and reaches up into the sky. Before you know it you’re celebrating with your climb group on the summit platform, where you’ll get your bearings and some fun facts about the amazing 360 panoramic before you.
Venturing further along you’ll explore the bridge from a different angle, travelling approximately half way across the river below before returning to the top platform for a final climb group photo before your descent back to our Climb base camp.
Every Climb to the top includes a Climb group photograph, with additional individual photographs available for purchase.
- 2 Hour Climb Experience
- All equipment and instruction
- 1 Free photo (Additional photos are available to purchase)
Tour Times and Tour Duration
- Night Climbs run 5:20pm daily
- Climb times vary throughout the year. You will be advised of the exact climb time, upon reconfirmation
- The climb experience lasts approximately 2 hours
- This includes your briefing, safety demonstration and the climb route
What To Bring
- Personal items will not be permitted on the Story Bridge Adventure Climb although lockers are provided
- All climbers are required to wear fully enclosed rubber soled footwear
- All climbers must be over 10 years of age with a minimum height of 130cm
- Concession is for students with ID and seniors over 60
- Children aged 10 to 16 years will need to be accompanied by an adult, 1 adult per 3 children
- Every climber will be breathalysed and must register under 0.05
- Maximum weight is 130kgs
- Climbs operate in most weather conditions – climb in the rain
- As climbers will not be permitted to take cameras (including video cameras) onto the climb, there are 3 photo opportunities that your climb leader will take photos from. Photos will be available to purchase from the photo shop after your climb experience
Brisbane Story Bridge Adventure Climb is located at 170 Main St, Kangaroo Point, Brisbane