Our aim for your visit to the Outer Great Barrier Reef is to ensure you enjoy and experience this amazing place in its natural state away from the crowds. We would like everyone travelling on board ‘Reef Goddess’ to feel like you’re heading to the reef with friends and family creating a fun filled and educational experience that will stay with you forever.
8.30am & 9am – You will begin your adventure to the Great Barrier Reef from our beachfront office at Wongaling Beach where you will board Island Spirit from the beach. Wear your swimmers as you have to walk through water to your knees to board!!
Just a quick 10 minute transfer will land you onto beautiful Dunk Island where you will board ‘MV Reef Goddess’. The ‘Island Spirit’ is a fully enclosed custom built passenger transfer vessel designed specifically for beach landing.
9.30am – After introductions and a safety briefing from your captain, we depart Brammo Bay at Dunk Island and head off to the East sitting on 18 knots reaching our first reef location in under 1&1/2 hours.
11am – In the water at our first Outer Great Barrier Reef location (our locations are determined on the day to suit weather conditions). You will have an hour exploring our untouched reefs with our crew on hand to assist with your gear and getting going. Our free snorkel briefing will cover what to do and what not to do to ensure your safety and enjoyment at the reef.
12pm – Depart for a 1/2 hour cruise to our second snorkel location and lunch preparation.
12.30pm – Arrive at our second location where the ship’s captain will cook your BBQ lunch served alongside fresh prawns, salads and fresh tropical fruit. After your well earned lunch, onto the second of our snorkel and dive explorations. Another hour of learning, seeing and experiencing one of the worlds natural wonders.
3pm – After more snorkelling or diving your crew will ‘up anchor’ and head for home back to Dunk Island.
4.30pm – Transfers on board ‘Island Spirit’ for a quick trip to mainland Mission Beach.
What to bring
- Sun protection – hats & sunscreen
- Towels, swimmers & dry change of clothes
- Cash for on board sales
Included in your day at the Reef
- Tea & coffee
- Fresh muffins on the way out
- Face mask, snorkel, fins (stinger suits in season)
- Free snorkel briefing and training
- Full buffet lunch, BBQ, salads, prawns, bread rolls & fruit
- Kids club in the galley for the way home!
Available for hire or purchase on board
- Merchandise – Hats & Stubby Coolers
- Extra Diving
- Wetsuits (included with diving)
- Go Pro’s
- Fully licensed bar on board
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.