Your adventure begins with cruising Rockingham’s sheltered bays and islands in search of any of over 200 local dolphins that your crew have come to know as friends. Before long, sleek, silvery grey dorsal fins start breaking the surface of the water within metres of the back of the boat and it’s time to zip your wetsuit up, put your mask and snorkel on and get ready to take the plunge! Our friendly guides will get you seated comfortably, ready to go, on the swim deck. They’ll be joining you in the water to ensure you make the most of your wild dolphin encounter. Once the boat is in the right position, the skipper gives the command that everyone’s been waiting for- Go!
Suddenly, you are surrounded by flashing grey torpedoes and the water is filled with whistles, splashes and laughter — both human and dolphin. They don’t do tricks and we don’t feed them, we simply spend some time enjoying each other’s company … it’s a wild encounter!
We are dedicated to ensuring the best experience for both visitors and dolphins. We ask you to remember that we are working with wild animals. Please approach each encounter with caution and respect and never assume that we have control over the dolphins’ appearance or behaviors. The dolphins’ approval of our friendship is reflected in our better than 99% success rate.
You don’t have to be an expert swimmer to join in and no previous snorkeling experience is necessary. Our professional and friendly crew conducts introductory snorkeling lessons and have an excellent track record of helping nervous or less experienced swimmers through the experience. Just bring a sense of adventure and be ready for an unforgettable, exhilarating encounter!
- 3-6 hour cruise on our luxury, custom built boat (toilets and showers onboard)
- Full length wetsuits, mask and snorkel & snorkeling lessons
- Our wild dolphin guarantee! If we do not swim with dolphins on your cruise, you can come again for free. Click here for full details & conditions
- Expert guides riding underwater scooters to get you up close and personal with the dolphins
- Light lunch and refreshments served onboard (self serve tea, coffee, hot chocolate & fresh water)
- Complimentary photos of your cruise uploaded to Flikr for you to share!
- Meet our boat in Rockingham at 8:00am sharp
- Cruise duration is approximately 3-6 hours depending on dolphin sightings and behaviors
- Subject to weather conditions and minimum passenger numbers
- Swim with Wild Dolphins is not recommended for children 6 years or younger.
- You must wear your bathing suit underneath our wetsuits.
- Cameras for your personal use are welcome. Any photography for commercial purposes requires prior approval.
- You’re also welcome to bring extra snacks and drinks.
- Cruises are subject to weather. When you book your cruise it is important that you leave us with a contact number for where you are staying in Perth (preferably a mobile that you will be carrying on the day of your tour). If we cancel due to weather, we will contact you to see if you can reschedule for another date. There is no charge to you if we have to cancel due to weather.
- Due to the open and stable nature of our boat, few passengers get sea sick, however everyone’s susceptibility is different. If you suspect sea sickness will be an issue for you we recommend the following:
- Purchase some Travel Calm tablets onboard the boat.
- Select a seat in the back third of the boat where there is less movement.
- Keep your body temperature on the cooler side.
- If you wear glasses keep the lenses clean at all times.
- Avoid looking through cameras or binoculars.
- Stay away from acidic foods before the cruise such as orange juice and coffee.
- Avoid going into the toilet to be sick. Confined spaces will only make you feel worse.
- If you start to feel sick, let our crew know so we can assist.
- A minimum of 10 passengers is required for the cruise to go ahead. Most days this is easily achieved, however, occasionally we do have quiet times and our reservations team may contact you within a few days of the date of your booking to assist with rescheduling to another date that will definitely be operating.