Enjoy oysters shucked straight from the water, rock lobster and see your guide dive for abalone and sea urchin. Be delighted as your catch is turned into a delicious seafood feast accompanied by gourmet local produce and Tasmanian wines, boutique beers, ciders and juices.
This full-day cruise begins on Hobart’s vibrant waterfront, amongst the fishing boats moored at Constitution Dock. You will cruise aboard one of our brand new custom-built vessels, featuring a spacious enclosed cabin and luxury leather seats. You’ll be one of up to 12 guests treated to an unforgettable day of indulgence and relaxation.
We cruise down the Derwent River and into the sheltered waters of the D’Entrecasteaux Channel that surround Bruny Island. As we voyage south, we leave all traces of civilisation behind.
Our guides know these waters intimately. They’ve grown up in this wilderness environment, with its picturesque landscapes and beautiful deserted beaches. Throughout the day they’ll provide an entertaining insight into the surrounding landscapes and animals. Such local knowledge only comes from spending years in and around these clean blue waters.
Relax as one of up to 12 guests, looked after by 2 local guides. Throughout the day you will enjoy a range of local Tasmanian produce, including:
- Wild Abalone – your guide will jump in and snorkel to catch wild abalone, which are prepared and served onboard the boat.
- Rock Lobster – delicious Southern Rock Lobster (known locally as crayfish) is the centrepiece of your gourmet lunch. Tasmanian Rock Lobster are extremely sought-after and exported all of the world.
- Oysters – pull wild oysters from the farm of the multi-award winning producer ‘Get Shucked’.
- Salmon – visit a salmon farm and enjoy locally grown sashimi, hot-smoked and cold-smoked salmon.
- Sea Urchin – your guide will gather these delicious seafood delicacies from the crystal clear waters around Bruny Island.
- Beer & Cider – savour locally made organic cider and boutique beer including Moo Brew and Willie Smiths.
- Wine – taste some of Tasmania’s cool climate wine varieties including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Jansz sparkling.
Tour Schedule & Tour Duration
- Daily, except Christmas Day
- Cruises depart daily at 9am, returning at 4.30pm
- Tour Duration: 7½ Hours
What To Bring
- Make sure you dress warmly for the cruise – warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended. And don’t forget your camera!
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.