Join us on this leisurely guided ecotour through the calm, clear waters of the Great Sandy Marine Park. You will be able to view the coral gardens from the comfort of the Milbi, one of Australia’s largest glass bottom boats.
We provide snorkelling equipment offering you the ultimate experience of coming face to face with the infinite wonders of the marine park. You are likely to see fish habitat amongst the coral reef, turtles, dolphins, sea bird colonies, and possibly a reef shark or dugong.
Time is afforded to explore Round Island and enjoy a healthy lunch. Conditions permitting we may visit spectacular Pelican Banks, famous for its crystal clear waters which are perfect for swimming or just relaxing on the white, sandy shores.
Whilst it is our aim to offer you the best marine excursion possible, please note that our Turtle Discovery Eco Tour inclusions may vary slightly to optimize the most favourable weather conditions for your comfort.
- 4 Hour Educational & Cultural Ecotour
- Healthy lunch
- Tea, coffee, bottled water
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- Departing daily at 10.30am and returning approximately 2.30 – 3.00pm
If you cannot swim or have not snorkelled before or have any concerns, you must advise our crew before entering the water. Please be aware that snorkelling can be a strenuous physical activity even in calm waters.
- Flotation devices are available for you to use
- Follow the instructions of your snorkelling supervisors and lookouts
- Snorkel in buddy pairs
- Always stay in an area which allows your supervisor to offer close supervision
- To avoid sunburn, use sunscreen and wear suitable clothing
- Complete the medical declaration form that will be provided to you
- Take careful note of the environment in which you will be snorkelling
- With the assistance of the snorkelling supervisor, identify boating channels, marine animals, wind and tide strength and direction
- Identify and locate flotation devices such as buoys and rest stations
Dealing with problems
Snorkelling can be a strenuous physical activity even in calm water and may increase the health and safety risks for persons suffering from:
- any medical condition that may be made worse by physical exertion, for example, heart disease, asthma and some lung complaints
- any medical condition that can result in loss of consciousness, for example, some forms of epilepsy and some diabetic conditions
- asthma that can be brought on by cold water or salt water mist
- the person should tell the snorkelling guide if they have any concerns about any other medical condition
- Older persons are more likely to suffer from diagnosed and undiagnosed medical conditions that may be made worse by physical exertion, for example, heart disease and stroke
- It is a good idea to practice snorkelling beside a platform, boat or in shallow water before venturing into more open deeper water
- Take into consideration your own limitations when snorkelling, if in doubt wear a flotation device
- Note the location and availability of life jackets, wetsuits or other flotation devices
- Learn how to communicate with supervisors and other snorkellers by using hand signals so that you will know when to return to the boat and how to communicate if you do need assistance
- Learn how to lift and keep your face clear of the water
- Learn how to use the buddy or pairs system where two snorkellers make sure they are always within a short distance of each other and keep a watch on each other’s safety
- Do not drink alcohol before snorkelling
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.