Sea World Whale Watch offer exciting close encounters with Humpback Whales on Australia’s Gold Coast from June to November every year aboard the luxury, purpose-built whale watching vessel Spirit of Migloo. Sea World Whale Watch are expert whale finders so if a tour fails to sight a whale we provide a full refund. Tours depart daily from the Sea World Cruise Terminal in the carpark outside Sea World. Entry to Sea World is not required.
Spirit of Migloo is Australia’s most advanced whale watching vessel famous for her environmentally friendly design, luxurious air-conditioned interiors, huge whale viewing decks and state-of-the-art Whale Theatre.
Every Sea World Whale Watch tour is a unique experience. Humpback Whales are the stars of the show although our tours often encounter Bottlenose Dolphins, Common Dolphins, sharks, turtles and albatross. Within 20 minutes of departure you will be assisting our expert crew to find Humpback Whales by scanning the horizon for the famous “blow”. At this point in the tour there is always great anticipation which quickly turns to excitement when a distant splash or a great exhalation of breath confirms we have found a whale. Humpbacks are a very playful and inquisitive whale species and often approach our vessel for a closer look. However, they are wild animals and we have absolutely no control over them. It’s the unpredictable nature of the whales that makes the entire experience so unique, exciting and sometimes even life-changing.
Like humans, Humpback Whales are drawn to the Gold Coast every year as a winter playground. The large shallow bay provides an ideal location for the whales to rest and mingle during their annual 10,000 kilometre migration journey. Over 20,000 thousand whales pass close to shore near the Gold Coast as they round the easternmost corner of Australia on their way between the feeding grounds of Antarctica and the breeding grounds of Tropical Queensland. Humpbacks are the most inquisitive and playful of the great whales and therefore a favourite with whale watchers. They are also famous show-offs and acrobats – often leaping clear of the ocean or slapping the surface with giant fins and tail flukes in awesome displays of grace and power. Male humpbacks are famed for their complex and ever-changing songs, believed to play a role in attracting mates. If conditions are suitable, our underwater microphone will allow you to listen in on this incredible mating ritual.
Tour Duration & Schedules
- 2.5 to 3 hours
- Morning 07:30am & 10:00am
- Afternoon 12:30pm & 3:00pm
- 7 DAYS – 01 June to 31 October
Check-in required 30 minutes prior to tour time.
- Wheelchair access to vessel and viewing decks.
- Disabled toilet on board.
- Cruise departs from the Sea World Cruise Terminal in the carpark outside the Sea World main entrance at Main Beach on the Gold Coast. Entry to Sea World is not required
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.