On Whale Shark Tours you can snorkel and swim with whale sharks, interact with manta rays, encounter dugongs, turtles, humpback whales, dolphins, amazing colorful tropical fish and coral on the Ningaloo Reef just off Exmouth. Swimming with a whale shark is an unforgettable experience!
The Coral Coast of Western Australia is home to an abundance of unique wildlife full of national parks and reefs ready to be explored. Ningaloo Discovery operates boat cruises and sailing cruises around the Ningaloo Reef as well as specialising in whale shark snorkel and interaction tours. All equipment is provided on board for the whale shark tour including snorkelling equipment, wetsuits, floatation aids and tour guides who are very knowledgeable and passionate about whale sharks and the marine environment.
The clear waters and visibility of the North West make for perfect conditions to swim with a whale shark as the whale sharks cruise just below the surface, allowing snorkelers to swim alongside these magnificent creatures.
Whale sharks are found in the waters of the Ningaloo Reef from March until the end of July. This makes Exmouth a popular tourist destination and a definite box to tick when planning your holiday, and considering things to do. Western Australia attracts international tourists every year drawn to the sandy white beaches and rolling coastlines backing onto a colorful diverse coral reef home to an abundance of marine life and of course, the whale sharks which are found in large numbers on the Ningaloo Reef so it’s no wonder it’s the only place in Australia where people can participate in a whale shark tour and have the chance to swim and snorkel with a whale shark. Let’s go for your next whale shark adventure!
- Whale Shark Swim on our fully shaded purpose built Australia Blue charter vessel.
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 4pm approximately
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with a Whale Shark the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with Whale Sharks
- Maximum of 10 swimmers in each group
- In water experiences with a Whale Shark
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Celebratory glass of sparkling wine
- Complimentary gift pack per group booking
- Whale Shark Swimmer Certificate which also allows you discounts on further tours!
- All government fees and charges included in the price
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
What should I bring
- Your excitement and positivity!
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.