Do Darwin Differently! Try exploring Darwin from the back of a WW2 truck!
The Darwin History and Wartime Experience takes visitors through Darwin’s rich history and vibrant culture. See many of the city’s most important historical sites, including Government House, the East Point gun battery and military precinct, the 1934 QANTAS hangar and Stokes Hill oil storage tanks and tunnels, Fort Hill Wharf and Darwin Harbour – all enjoyed from the back of a comfortably modified WW2 army truck!
Your knowledgeable guide will take you through the history of Darwin – from the early explorers, to the WW2 bombing of the city by the Japanese to Cyclone Tracy in 1974 and beyond.
- Government House
- Fort hill Wharf & Harbour
- Parliament House
- Charles Darwin National Park
- Ammunitions storage bunkers
- East Point Gun Battery & Military precinct
- Anti-aircraft gun emplacements
- 1934 QANTAS hangar
- 75 – 80 minutes tour
- Hotel Transfer
- East Point Military Museum Entry Fee
What you need to bring
- Passengers should bring comfortable clothing, footwear, water sunscreen, camera and insect repellent.
Tours at 10:00am, 11:30am and 1pm can drop off at the east point military museum (optional). You will have approximately 1.5 hours at the museum (entry additional) before the truck returns to pick you up, the truck will then continue the tour – returning to smith St. outside the tourist office.
Darwin Tourist Information Centre
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.