Join us for our Swim with Whales Tour located near the Gold Coast, Coolangatta and Tweed heads area. Look beneath the surface into the world of the majestic Humpback Whale. Enjoy an unforgettable eye-to-eye experience with these gentle giants right here on the Gold Coast.
What is included
- Qualified, experienced and professional skipper and crew.
- Maximum 10 swimmers in the water accompanied by an experienced guide.
- In water whale swimming interactions as close as 30 metre approach – The rest is up to the whales!
- Top of the range swim and snorkel gear (masks, fins & snorkel) including super warm Patagonia Yulex wetsuits; Sharkbanz2 and reef safe sunscreen.
- In water support from crew available as well as floatation devices.
- Snorkel training offered to improve your current skill level.
- Informative and captivating commentary throughout the tour on Humpback Whales and other marine life; Australian aboriginal and European history along with the local area.
- Tea, coffee and light snacks pre-departure.
- Fresh fruit post swim.
8:00am & 12:30pm
What to expect
On arrival you will be greeted by one of the friendly crew, they will check you in on the iPad and conduct a few COVID19 safety precautions with each passenger. Hand Sanitize/core body temp check/signing a standard covid declaration for current hotspots.
Tea and coffee are on offer while the crew assist you with your gear, including wetsuit, mask, snorkel and fins providing you’re on one of our swim tours.
Following the introduction and safety briefing from your Skipper, your lifejackets will be fitted, and we will board the vessel for your adventure!
There is a lot of information in the Swim with Whales briefing in the morning, and it will be split into two segments. Pre-departure briefing will help you understand how we are going to attempt to swim with whales, Rules and Regulations associated with this activity and the do’s and don’ts that will help us have a successful swim out on the Pacific Ocean. There will be time also to answer any questions, to make sure you feel comfortable and know the plan. The second briefing will take place making way down the river.
The crew will be showing you your gear and how we use it correctly. They will run through the procedure of entering and exiting the water and correct technique involved, we need to enter the water softly, quietly and as safely as we can. Remember this is a natural experience, the Whales swim with us if they choose, and not the other way around.
What to bring
It is colder out on the water so come prepared with layers.
- We recommend:
- Beanie, warm jumper/ jacket
- Spray jacket/ Rain coat (Due to COVID-19 we are unable to provide spray jackets at this time)
- Sunglasses and hat
- Camera, Gopro etc
- Drinking water
- MUST be able to swim unassisted.
- 15 Years+ minimum age. Any children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Not suitable for pregnant woman or anyone with a back injury.
- Snorkelling experience necessary.
- Sense of adventure!
*Anyone with cold or flu symptoms will not be allowed to board the vessel due to Covid 19.
- Your safety is our priority at all times.All crew trained in First Aid, CPR/Oxygen and Advanced resuscitation.
- Your qualified fully trained Skipper and crew has extensive experience in the local area and have expert knowledge of whales and whale behaviour.
- In depth briefings before departing, ensure you understand the procedures in place and time will be given to any questions and concerns you may have before getting on the boat.
- Oxygen, Defibrillator and a comprehensive Australian Maritime Safety Authority first aid kit maintained onboard.
How to get there
Our departure location is Chinderah, situated 5mins from the pacific highway.
- 139-151 Chinderah Bay Drive, Chinderah, NSW 2487
Usually we offer a pick up/ drop off shuttle bus service, however due to COVID-19 we are unable to provide this.
- If you are driving from the south on the pacific motorway, take the Kingscliff/ Cudgen exit. and go left at the round about, follow this road.
- If you are driving from the north on the Pacific Motorway, take the Kingscliff/Cudgen exit, and go right at the round about. Passing under the motor way and then follow this road.
There is street parking available along Chinderah Bay Dr.
Please Note: Do not park in front of the Cubby Bakehouse.
Rescheduling of Tours and Cancellations
- All tours are subject to change or cancellation depending on the tide, wind, weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event we have cancelled or rescheduled a tour, we will offer to you an alternative tour date and time.
- If we are unable to operate a tour for any reason, we will notify you by telephone or email as soon as possible.
- You may change the date of your tour provided you give us notice at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour date and time (“Original Tour Date”), to a date within 3 months of the Original Tour Date.
- In the unlikely event you do not see any whales on our swimming with whales tour, you may rebook your tour to a date within 12 months of your Original Tour Date free of charge. Any bookings after this date will be treated as a new booking and our payment terms apply.
- We recommend that you carefully review any proposed bookings before proceeding with booking one of our tours. Refunds are not provided when you have simply changed your mind or made a wrong selection.
(a) you are unable participate in the alternate tour date and time offered to you in accordance with Rescheduling of Tours and Cancellations clause 2; or
(b) if you are unable to participate in an alternate tour date and time within 3 months of your Original Tour Date in accordance with Rescheduling of Tours and Cancellations clause 4; or
(c) if you cancel your booking or wish to change the date of your tour without giving us at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the scheduled tour date and time,
we will provide you with a refund of your deposit within 21 days using the same payment method, less an administration fee of $5.00;
- No other refunds will be provided for any reason.