Season on NOW from 6th of July and 15th of November !!
Hit the waters for an Australian first aquatic experience on a tour to swim with Humpback whales in the waters off Queensland’s Sunshine Coast!
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to join in a truly life-changing experience, swimming alongside one of the world’s largest and most gentle creatures over the course of a half day 4 hour tour with a limited maximum group size of 20 people to keep the experience both uncrowded and eco-friendly. The whale swimming tour departs from Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast and is available each day between the 6th of July and 15th of November, and provide a firsthand look at these ocean giants as they play, dive, breach and slap their fins.
Once whales have been spotted, groups of 10 swimmers at a time will be sent out on a floating line to get acquainted with the whales, and with all equipment such as snorkelling gear and wetsuits provided, you’ll have everything you need to come along and tick one of life’s true bucket list items off your agenda.
Combined with a spotter plane that helps spot the whales faster and more efficiently, this is the newest and ultimate whale experience in Australia exclusive to the Sunshine Coast – so book your whale swimming tour online today as spots are sure to fill up quickly!
- 4 hours total tour time
- Australia’s Original Whale Swim Operator
- Safety briefing, equipment provided
- Limited to small groups of 20 only
- Swim with Humpback Whales
- 4 hour trip
- Full briefing
- Wetsuits and snorkelling equipment
- Hotel transfers (Mooloolaba hotels only)
- Snack onboard and when you return to the shop
Once a whale is sighted, the boat will be put into neutral 100m or more away from the whale, and if the conditions are determined as safe by our trained crew, the boat will be turned off and swimmers will be allowed into the water holding on to the floating line attached to the boat.
Then it’s all up to the whale – it is a natural experience and it is 100% on the whale’s own terms. Whales are known as curious creatures so they may come over towards us or they may just swim past or away. Either way it’s an experience you will never forget. It is also a case of looking but not touching these wondrous creatures.
While we will do everything in its power, to ensure whale encounters, we can’t guarantee that our guests will get to swim with these magnificent sea mammals but if on the day the boat doesn’t sight a whale, you will be eligible for 50% off your next trip.
- Minimum 10 passengers and maximum of 20 participants
- Water temperatures during this time range from 17 to 23 degrees and visibility is regularly up to 30 metres
- No weight belts, scuba gear or flash photography is permitted
- Minimum 8 years – Must be able to swim
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.