Just a short distance from Perth are the crystal-clear waters of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park, home to a diverse array of wildlife including sea lions, penguins and dolphins.
This is an adventure tour that is safe for the whole family to enjoy in our pedal powered kayaks and paddle boards.
- Kayak or Paddle Board over to Seal Island where we will see endangered Australian Sea Lions, if we are lucky they will be in the mood to play. The island is also home to an abundance of bird life including Pelicans, Turns, Cormorants and the occasional Osprey (Sea Eagle)
- We then kayak south to Penguin Island where we will come ashore and visit the Penguin Island Discovery Centre. Here about the life of the little fairy penguin and see them being fed.
- Walk along the boardwalks keeping an eye out for penguin nests, explore the beaches and see an abundance of bird life.
- Relax in the shaded picnic area with views over the bay.
- Kayak back to the mainland
- Finish with a picnic lunch on the Rockingham foreshore and then back to Perth.
- Morning tea and lunch
- Entry fees into the Penguin Island Discovery Centre
- Kayaks and Paddle Boards
- Life Jackets
- Depart Perth from your pick-up location then a 40-minute drive to Shoalwater Bay
- Unload and set up equipment, demonstration of how to use the kayaks and general safety information
- Pedal to Seal Island to visit the sea lions and take some photos
- Pedal to Penguin Island to have morning tea
- Watch the penguin feeding at 10.30
- Follow the walk trails on the island to view the local wildlife
- Pedal back to mainland
- Picnic lunch on the Rockingham foreshore
- Bus drops you back to the city
Tour Departure Time
- Departs every Friday and Saturday between 7:30 – 8:15am
What to bring
- Towel, shorts or bathers and a change of clothes in case you get wet
- A hat that won’t blow off your head and sunscreen
- Water poof camera if you want to take pictures, we have waterproof bags on each kayak
- Something to wear on your feet for walking on the island
- A small bottle of water
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.