It really doesn’t get much better than this.
With Cruise Whitsundays you have the amazing opportunity to spend a night sleeping under the stars at the Great Barrier Reef.
This two day, one night adventure is a once in a lifetime experience. There can be few more unique experiences offered in the world than the chance to sleep under the stars, 39 nautical miles from shore on the Great Barrier Reef. Our permanently moored pontoon is located on Hardy Reef – one of the most spectacular stretches of the Great Barrier Reef. This is the destination for our day visitors, but for a lucky few it is a once in a life time, breathtaking and memorable overnight experience.
- 2 days/1 night experience
- Large, modern vessel transfers
- Overnight in swags under stars
- Breakfast, 2 morning & afternoon teas, 2 buffet lunches and BBQ dinner
- Activities as specified
- All the stars you can see
Travel to Hardy Reef as part of the Great Barrier Reef Adventure onboard one of our high speed vessels. By day, all the amazing activities offered on our Great Barrier Reef Adventure are there to be enjoyed – diving, snorkelling, massages and scenic helicopter flights. By 3pm the day guests depart and you get the pontoon all to yourself and your fellow Reefsleep guests.
A Night at the Reef
As dusk approaches watch for turtles surfacing or coming to nibble the seaweed around the pontoon. Watch as the sun sets over the reef while you sip your sundowner and then see the reef really come to life in the darkness of the night. Gaze up at a gazillion stars from your comfy swag set up on the top deck of the pontoon before the tranquillity of being in the middle of the ocean lulls you to sleep.
In the morning, enjoy more time with the reef before the day guests join you. Optional guided snorkelling and diving trips during this exclusive time at the pontoon with your group will see you visit very special spots – giant Maori Wrasse, spectacular coral formations, a myriad of tropical fish, turtles and reef sharks all might make an appearance. If you’re not a keen swimmer then have the underwater viewing chamber to yourself and watch your fellow guests swim around, or look at the coral from the comfort of our semi-submersible vessel. You’ll head home with the day guests onboard the reef vessel in the afternoon, taking home plenty of memories and stories to tell.
Meals – Reefsleep Under the Stars Menu
- All this sea air makes you hungry. Throughout the day curb your hunger with morning and afternoon tea and a sumptuous buffet lunch. Fish D’Vine, a leading restaurant from Airlie Beach supply our catering, taking care to base the menu on seasonality and the best produce available. Free tea and coffee is available and there is also a bar onboard serving a full range of alcoholic and soft drinks. Pre-select one of the delicious menu options when making your booking.
Accommodation at the Reef
Reefsleep features a unique type of accommodation: Swags Under the Stars
Swags Under the Stars
A swag is a cosy, low tent with a clear viewing panel above your head, a comfortable mattress and snug bedding. We supply double swags which can be used for two people sharing or by just one person*#. The experience of sleeping in a swag out on the Great Barrier Reef is just unbeatable. The swags are waterproof, but on a clear night you can sleep with the cover open – just you, the sea air and the stars.
*Single supplement rate applies.
#Reefsleep requires a minimum of 2 Guests to operate, You will be advised at time of booking if your departure is not confirmed.
What to bring
- One small overnight bag
- Toiletries and own bath towel
- A change of clothes
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen lotion
- Your camera and a sense of fun
- Light jacket/sweater for windy or cool days
- Money/credit card for optional purchases such as dives, massages or some bubbles with dinner
Departure & Return Times
Port of Airlie
- Depart: 8:00am, Return: 6:10pm
- Depart: 9:00am, Return: 5:00pm
Note: CHILDREN must be 12 years and older to do Reefsleep
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.