Experience the Great Barrier Reef without getting wet, at the world’s largest living coral reef aquarium. As the National Reef Education Centre for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority, Reef HQ Aquarium will open your eyes to an amazing world filled with thousands of charismatic marine creatures. With impressive exhibits the aquarium offers an ever changing, always fascinating experience, showcasing rare and extraordinary features of the Great Barrier Reef.
One of the richest, most complex and diverse ecosystems in the world, the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park begins at the tip of Cape York in Queensland and extends south to Bundaberg.
Reef HQ Aquarium was the vision of Dr Graeme Kelleher, a former chairman of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA). Dr Kelleher’s objective was to create the Great Barrier Reef on land, making the reef accessible and affordable while at the same time spreading the reef conservation message and gaining public support for the protection of the ‘real thing’.
Reef HQ Aquarium (formally known as the Great Barrier Reef Aquarium) opened June 14 1987 as part of the Bicentennial Commemorative Project and was renamed Reef HQ Aquarium in 1999. In 2009 the Aquarium has gone back to its grass roots by renaming the aquarium Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef Aquarium.
- General Admission Ticket
- Daily Talks and Tours
- Hotel Transfer
- Reef HQ Aquarium is open from 9.30am until 5.00pm 360+ days a year (closed Christmas Day, Anzac Day and the Australia Day public holiday)
Daily Talks and Tours
- 10.30am Predator Dive Show
Chat to a diver underwater as they take centre stage with sharks and other reef predators.
- 12.00pm & 3.30pm Turtle Talk
Visit North Queensland’s only Turtle Hospital where sick and injured marine turtles are cared for and rehabilitated.
- 2.30pm Shark Feeding Show (Tue, Thur and Sun)
See the feeding of the sharks and other reef predators.
- 2.30pm Animal Feeding Tour (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat)
Watch the feeding of the fish and other reef creatures.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.