This morning you are going to enjoy some good old fashioned fun amidst some of the most beautiful rainforest in Victoria. The journey will take you through Melbourne’s eastern suburbs with views of the Dandenongs in the distance.
The Dandenong Ranges, known to the locals as the Dandenongs, are beautiful low mountain ranges just 35kms east of Melbourne. At their peak, they rise to more than 630 metres and are cloaked in lush rainforests of Mountain Ash trees (the tallest flowering plant in the world), waterfalls, rolling hills and steep valleys. The region is home to the famous Puffing Billy Railway, numerous art and craft stores and cafés offering delicious homemade produce.
Grants on Sherbrooke & Devonshire Tea
Nestled in the heart of the Dandenong Mountains is Grants on Sherbrooke – a haven in the wilderness. On arrival you’ll be charmed by the surrounding mountain hue and crisp clear air. While here you’ll enjoy a traditional Devonshire Tea of homemade scones, served warm with jam and cream, and tea served in china tea cups – just a treat!
Included Meals: Devonshire Tea
Puffing Billy Steam Train
Next you head the short distance to Belgrave, home of the famous Puffing Billy Steam Train, where you are in for a real treat! This century-old steam train is maintained in its original glory and runs to this day on its own mountain track from Belgrave to Menzies Creek. Here you’ll go back in time as you get on board for a 30 minute ride through the heart of the rainforest. You’ll see the locomotive depot that services and maintains the train, head through the gorgeous Sherbrooke Forest and ride over the old Trestle Bridge. Just before Menzies Creek you can see stunning views of Port Phillip Bay. What a great ride!
From Menzies Creek you’ll then be on your way to the lovely little village of Sassafras. You’ll be travelling through thick rainforest that is home to all sorts of wildlife, so keep an eye out for Lyre Birds and Wallabies. Once in Sassafras you can take your time to explore the delightful antique and craft shops dotted throughout the village. You might even find a little something to take home with you.
- Puffing Billy Steam Train Ride
(from Belgrave to Menzies Creek)
- Devonshire Tea
- Experienced Driver Guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Tue, Thu & Sat 8.10am
- From Federation Square, Corner Flinders & Russell Streets
- 1.00pm approximately.
- No hotel drop-offs.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Jacket in the cooler months
Federation Square, Corner Flinders & Russell Streets
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.