On an “Off the Beaten Track” eco tour our knowledgeable guides will escort you through beautiful native New Zealand forest and into untouched caves, here in the Waitomo district. We take small tours of no more than 8 people so have the ability to move slowly through the caves, to enjoy, explore, and take in the surroundings, including our mesmerising glow worm displays.
You’ll see the caves just as nature intended. There are no handrails, electric lights, concrete paths, or other modifications, and the tour involves climbing over boulders, up hills and wading through streams. A moderate level of fitness is required.
- Allow 3 hours for the tour, of which approximately 2 hours is spent in the cave system.
- Maximum group size is eight, and minimum group size is two.
- Minimum age is 12 years. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Maximum size is 120kgs (265lbs).
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for the elderly or anyone with mobility difficulties. It involves climbing over boulders, walking up hills and wading through streams with rocks underfoot, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
THE BEST BITS
- An awesome local guide.
- An intimate small group tour of no more than 8 people.
- Walk through beautiful native New Zealand forest.
- Wade through freshwater streams, climb over boulders.
- Explore untouched limestone caves and spectacular rock formations.
- See mesmerising glow worm displays.
- Bring your camera.
- Be amazed!
Bring your camera
Cameras are welcome on our adventures, as long as they fit in your pocket as you’ll need your hands free. A small digital camera or phone is best. Our guides also take photographs of you during the tour, and we’ll email them to you afterwards for free!
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.