THE ULTIMATE AUSSIE BEER AND CIDER SUNDAY SESSION…
How do you create the ultimate Sunday session? We recommend you start with the best breweries and cideries on the Mornington Peninsula. Then add an incredible range of over 25 different beers and ciders to quench your thirst throughout the day. Lastly, combine a tasty lunch with a touch of live music and with Aussie Brewery Tours as your designated driver you have the perfect day!
- Fantastic Venues: Visit 4 breweries and cideries along the Mornington Peninsula.
- Gourmet Food: Fantastic and ample sized food (for a good drinking tour) with complimentary beer, wine or cider- dietary options are available but very limited. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Generous Tastings & Drinks: Enjoy generous tasting sessions, paddles & complimentary drinks throughout the day.
- Small Group Touring: Our public tour passengers enjoy small-group (max 13 people), flexible touring in our customized, air-conditioned mini-buses. Note: we can accommodate up to 50 people on our private tours. To be fair to other passengers, we ask groups of 7+ to book a private tour as to not unfairly unbalance the group.
- Fantastic Variety: With dozens of beers and seasonal brews coupled with apple and pear ciders this tour has a fun range of products to try.
- The Best Guides: Our guides are fun loving, alcohol guru’s who will take you on a journey through the entertaining history of drinking.
Sample Lunch Menu
For the Mornington tour, we rotate our lunch stop to take into account venue availability and seasonability. Our lunch stop is usually one of:
- Hickinbotham – shared plates for entrees (e.g. calamari), shared pizzas and a dessert.
- Red Gum BBQ – American style BBQ. Shared slow cooked meat platters, sides and chocolate brownie.
- St Andrews Beach Brewery – individual pizzas or burgers + shared sides.
All meals are served with a complimentary drink.
Pick Up Locations
- Runs: Sunday.
- Pick-up: 9am – 10am.
- Drop-off: 5.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Departs from: Federation Square, Lilydale train station and central hotel pick-ups available.
- Drop-off: We will endeavour too, but cannot always guarantee hotel drop-offs. All of our tours instead terminate in central Melbourne at Federation Square.
Aussie Brewery Tours love flexible touring, free from time constraints and overbearing guides. Forget the winery tour model – come in, have the smallest taste possible, then we will all stare at you awkwardly until you sign up to our wine club, buy a case and get out. Our tours are about generous tastings and soaking up the atmosphere of each different venue with a glass of your favourite. We know when it is time to move on when there are more empty glasses than full glasses. The day is all-inclusive, with all your food, any nibblies, tasting paddles or hosted tasting sessions and complimentary drinks at some stops. Whenever possible it is absolutely fine to substitute beer for wine, cider, etc. we aren’t here to force you to do anything but have fun!
This relaxed touring, coupled with a wide range of partners, ensures that we have numerous different venues (brewpubs & restaurants, tastings rooms, beer gardens, etc) which have different products (gin, fruit wines, beers, ciders, kombucha, gourmet food, etc) that allow us to pick the best of the best for that particular tour day. We may mix up our itinerary depending on the season, day of the week, what speciality products are available, traffic and big events, the weather and venue constraints (like when a brewery recently had a spill and had to shut for the day – thankfully they spilled cleaning products and not beer, phew!).
So rather than a detailed, minute by minute itinerary, we will tell you about some of the stops we visit each day:
Hix Beer at Hickenbotham Winery: These guys are multi-generational winemakers who have more recently turned their hand to brewing beer. When ABT first visited them 5 years ago, they only made three beers and we were unsure if it was enough variety to stop in. Now they make around 10-14 different beers (and often a cider) making it one of the larger tasting sessions we have! In true Aussie Brewery Tours fashion, we won’t have just one of their tasting paddles, but will try and give you a little bit more followed by a little bit more!
Red Hill Brewery: Visit the oldest brewery on the peninsula, the stalwart if you will. Famous for their scotch ale, Christmas ale and “red parties” – where they brew up many different red beers – these guys have been an Aussie Brewery Tours favourite for years. Tasting paddles and/or beers included.
Mock Red Hill Cider: Mock Red Hill produce a number of quality apple and pear ciders and juices. Meet the staff, taste the range and then sit back in the lounge or cider garden for a complimentary drink.
Mornington Peninsula Brewery: MBP brew some of our favourite beers, serving them up with pizza and live music – wahoooo!. Grab a tasting paddle or your favourite beer, cider or wine and relax for an afternoon of fun times with new friends.
Jetty Road Brewery: These guys have a fantastic new warehouse venue to go with their fantastic beers! This is a great early afternoon venue to visit for a few beers, maybe a tasting paddle, and really get the afternoon rocking. (full bar available! too)
St Andrews Beach Brewery: Built on a famous horse racing farm, this new brewery is already making waves for its amazing venue and unique take on what a brewery can be. Our meals are eaten in one of the popular stables stalls once the home of famous horses like Makybe Diva, Sub Zero, Tawriffic, etc.
Bass and Flinders Distillery: One of our absolute favourite venues (although we do say this a lot, we really do love things at Aussie Brewery Tours) this family owned and operated distillery will introduce you to their grappas, vodkas, gins and liquors (think limoncello) in a tasting that is fun, boozy, and informative.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.