Unforgettable memories and amazing photo opportunities
If you’ve always wanted to go whale watching, our 4.5-hour safari features breath-taking encounters with New Zealand marine wildlife, including Bryde’s whales, dolphins, orcas, seals and rare seabirds.
Start your adventure from the vibrant Viaduct Harbour in downtown Central Auckland and explore the natural beauty of the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park on our purpose-built, luxury, 65-foot (20-metre) marine research vessel.
Why is our whale and dolphin safari unique?
As well as being the only daily whale and dolphin watch safari operating directly from a New Zealand city, we also privately fund and support Marine Wildlife studies through universities, trusts and government departments.
That means you sail with qualified marine researchers who conduct biological studies during your tour – and will share their knowledge with you. Your ticket purchase directly contributes to the global push to protect our planet’s marine environment.
- 4.5 Hours Safari
- Thursday & Friday – 1:30pm
Check In Information
All passengers are required to check in at our desk inside the New Zealand Maritime Museum no later than 15 minutes prior to departure time. Please be aware that your allocated seats may be released to stand-by passengers if you do not check-in by this Time. There is no refund available for those passengers who arrive late and additional fees may apply should you wish to reschedule.
What should I bring with me?
– We recommend you wear layers of clothes, including something warm, as it can be colder on the water than in the city. A shower-proof jacket can also be a good idea. Please bring any personal medication with you, including any seasickness medication You require, as we are not able to bring medicine on board. A sun hat (or beanie in winter), sunglasses and sunscreen are highly recommended, binoculars and don’t forget to bring your camera! You’re welcome to bring your own Food and non-alcoholic drinks on board. Lastly, please bring flat-soled shoes. Anyone wearing heels will be asked to remove them.
We reserve the right to cancel or change a tour at any time in the interests of passenger safety. Weather and sea conditions can change quickly, and this may alter the status of your tour at any time. We will inform you of any cancellations by the Contact details you have provided, before 10.00am on the day of departure.
In the event of such a cancellation, we will refund passengers if they are unable to come on another day. Those passengers who have booked online or through third-party booking agents please refer to the booking confirmation documents they have provided for details on how to Claim your refund.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the customer to check that their Safari is running and AWADS will not be held liable for any costs incurred because of the customer not being aware of a cancelled Safari.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.