Offering a convenient departure point right from the heart of the city, this popular Brisbane River Cruise has been taking visitors to the popular Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for over 70 years. There is no better way to travel to the largest Koala sanctuary in the world than with a comfortable boat ride along the Brisbane River that will take you right to a disembarking point on the shores of the park. The perfect way to get up close and see eye to eye with Australia’s huge range of native creatures while also enjoying the many sights and sounds of Brisbane’s most attractive waterfront suburbs which are accessible only by boat.
You’ll gain the benefits of an entertaining narrated journey from the experienced, entertaining and knowledgeable captain and see breathtaking modern mansions and historic Queenslander homes along Brisbane’s exclusive riverfront. Upon arriving at Lone Pine, you’ll have two and a half hours to explore the sanctuary where you’ll be able to hand feed kangaroos and emus, check out the rare and shy platypus swimming, see amazing birds of prey, and – of course – have your picture taken while holding a koala!
Combining great sights with great attractions, this package is great for those looking to explore one of Brisbane’s best animal attractions while also enjoying a relaxing and scenic cruise along Brisbane’s famed river. Cruises depart on a daily basis from 10am at the Cultural Centre Pontoon in South Bank to arrive at Lone Pine by 11:15am, spend 3 hours at the Sanctuary. Arrive back at the Cultural Centre by 3.30pm.
What to expect
- Depart from a convenient location and leave the city behind on a relaxing cruise to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Enjoy an informative commentary as you glide along Brisbane’s waterfront, from the bustle of the city’s skyscrapers to leafy suburbs with waterside mansions
- Indulge in homemade morning teas, lunch and snacks (own expense) from our on-board cafe.
- 3 hours to spend exploring Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary where you can hand feed kangaroos and emus, experience an authentic Australian sheep dog in action, spy on a shy platypus swimming, see the amazing birds of prey. Yes… and have photos taken holding a koala*!
* Holding koala photos subject to availability through Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Entry
- Return Brisbane River Cruise from the CBD to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary on board a ultra modern cruise
- Enjoy a narrated journey by the Captain and be amazed by his intimate knowledge of all things Brisbane
- See breathtaking modern mansions and historic Queenslander homes along Brisbane’s sought after riverfront
- Explore Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary for three hours where you can hand feed kangaroos and emus, spy on a shy platypus swimming and plenty more
- Delicious homemade snacks and light meals available on board cruise
- Hotel transfers
- Koala photos (available for purchase on the day, subject to availability)
- Depart Cultural Centre Pontoon 10:00am
- Arrive Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary 11:15am
- Depart Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary 2:15pm
- Arrive Cultural Centre Pontoon 3:30pm
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.