The Litchfield day tour is designed to showcase many of the stunning natural aspects which make the Top End unique whilst also learning of the history, culture and deeds of those that live and have lived in this far country.
Ancient stone fringed paths, pristine creeks and waterholes fed by cascading waterfalls are the backdrops for your experience. Qualified local eco-friendly Australians are your guides.
Anything is possible on the Litchfield Wanderer one day Litchfield tour from Darwin.
- Small group size (max. 10)
- Morning / afternoon tea
- Exclusive dining at the Batchelor Museum (entry included)
- Exploration of Litchfield National Park
- Waterfalls, walks & photo opportunities
- Home prepared snacks and refreshments (mango muffins, chocolate wattleseed biscuits and more)
- Education (history, culture, bush foods & medicines)
- Degree qualified local eco-friendly Australian guide
- Pick-up + drop-off from accommodation (Palmerston by prior arrangement)
- Qualified Australian local guide
- Snacks, fresh cool water refills & delicious lunch options
- Morning/afternoon tea
- Swimming masks
- Insect repellent + sunscreen
- Complimentary end of year photo ebook
- Access to reports and relevant information sources
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimwear & Towel
Begin your small group Litchfield day tour in the City around 7:30 am journeying south to the crystal clear waters of Berry Springs.
BERRY SPRINGS NATURE RESERVE
Berry Springs is a crystal clear natural spring which is partially geothermally heated. This warmth creates the perfect place for a lazy early morning dip whilst enjoying homemade mango muffins and morning coffee.
Paddle around and watch the many fish, look for turtle, or sit casually under the waterfall. These are the type of difficult decisions you will have to make today.
Dragging ourselves away from this piece of heaven we set our sights on the historic township of Batchelor, the gateway to Litchfield National Park.
Along the way get to know the landscape and history of the Top End as your local guide lets you in on the past and present before arriving at Batchelor Town.
In Batchelor we take the time to enjoy the local Batchelor museum. This community run feature showcases many personal stories of the people and events which shaped the NT.
Whilst you are delving into history your experiential leader will be busily knocking up the Wild Bush BBQ lunch in our private indoors lunch spot.
Having been treated during lunch it is time to enter Litchfield Park.
LITCHFIELD NATIONAL PARK
Litchfield is popular for it’s cascading waterfalls, swimming spots and viewpoints. It is also a great place to go for a stroll along the rainforest shaded creeks or just sit casually and relax.
If bush survival is of interest then Litchfield Park is the perfect classroom. With abundant examples of food and medicine plants there to discover, take advantage of the small group nature of the tour and ask as many questions as you can.
Due to the nature of the environment and the intimate touring conditions, we do not accept children on this one day tour from Darwin under the age of 8 years old on public tours. We also suggest a minimum agility and fitness level comparable to being able to skip for 5 metres without suffering heart pain or muscle soreness.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.