On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12-seater mini-bus and guided through the stunning Waikato countryside (the most extensive farming area in the world) on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south, encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and several different farm animals along the way.
After the drive you will arrive at the Alexander family sheep farm and Shire’s Rest (the entrance to Hobbiton) where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next, we board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on a 2 hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12-acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear the secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finish the experience at the famous Hobbiton pub The Green Dragon Inn for a cold beverage.
After the tour you will be guided back through the Alexander family sheep farm for another stop at Shire’s Rest for some souvenir shopping and maybe a bite to eat before we begin our journey back to Auckland.
- Fully guided tour from Auckland in small groups
- Hobbiton Movie Set 2 hour Guided tour
- Shires Rest Alexandra Family Sheep Farm
- Green Dragon pub and complementary beverage,
- Hauraki Plains
- Refreshments and snacks provided
- Entry ticket and guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set including a beverage in the Green Dragon
- Professionally guided tour about New Zealand and the culture.
- Scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Movie or entertainment during drive
- Refreshments and snacks throughout the journey
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel
- Auckland CBD Hotel
- 10am Departure from Auckland.
- 8-8.5 hours
- Please advise us if you have specific dietary requirements.
What to bring
- Warm clothing (Winter)
- Suitable walking shoes
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.