For one of Australia’s best showcases of native Aussie animals, buy your tickets to Healesville Sanctuary located 1 hour to the east of Melbourne CBD. Healesville Sanctuary, nestled in the lovely Yarra Valley, offers a closer and more intimate look at many animals than your traditional zoo – set amongst amazing, green surroundings, there’s a huge range of Australian fauna and flora to witness here; pat and feed emus and kangaroos, walk inside the excellent bird enclosure and have them land on your shoulders, and even meet some of the newly born baby animals! All the major Australian species are covered here, including platypus, dingoes, wombats, koalas and much more, and many are showcased during the daily keeper presentations where you’ll be able to gain further insight into each amazing creature.
Highlighted by the excellent Birds of Prey show, there’s plenty to do at Healesville Sanctuary to keep you occupied for a full day, and it’s a destination both families with kids and international visitors are sure to love. Ideal both as a must-visit if you’re staying in the Yarra Valley or for a day trip from Melbourne, Healesville Sanctuary is ideal for those wanting a break from the traditional zoo experience and who want to get far more “hands-on” with their wildlife. If you’re wanting to see one of Australia’s top native-wildlife-oriented attractions.
- Explore a bushland haven for Australian wildlife at Healesville Sanctuary, just one hour from Melbourne in the stunning Yarra Valley wine region
- Wander through the tranquil tracks and meet over 200 species of Australian animals including the iconic koalas, kangaroos, platypus, dingoes, wombats and emus in their natural surrounds
- Don’t miss Healesville Sanctuary’s world first free platypus show, Tales from Platypus Creek, where visitors will come face to face with this iconic species in this interactive show. Observe the platypus as they interact with keepers, play in the water and even enjoy having their tummies tickled!
- Healesville Sanctuary is internationally renowned for its work saving endangered Australian species at the Australian Wildlife Centre. Visitors can freely visit the centre, which treats more than 2000 sick and injured native animals every year
- Daily presentations featuring Parrots, Wombats, Kangaroos, Koalas, Tasmanian Devils, Dingos
- Koala Forest – This brand new exhibit will take visitors on a journey high into the treetops, where the new boardwalk weaves around providing the best view ever of these carefree tree climbers!
- General Admission
- Daily keeper talks and presentations
- Open from 9am to 5pm every day of the year.
- Kids are free on weekends, Victorian public holidays and Victorian government school holidays. Click here for the Victorian Public Holidays and School Holidays schedule
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.