Your tour begins with a pick-up from your accommodation at Cairns or Mission Beach, you’ll meet your experienced wild guides for the day with introductions and big smiles A 45 minute informative drive from the beach (or Tully) along the beautiful winding Tully Gorge Road into World Heritage National Park and Rainforests to the Tully Gorge Rec park. If you are lucky you may see a Cassowary along the way. Change rooms and toilets are available at the Rec park. Here we unload the rafts, kit you up and talk you through some handy rafting instruction before pairing you up in your rafts. If you are confident and there are enough rafts we’ll even let you go on your own!
We enter the Tully river in a beautiful calm section of the Gorge. Here our expert guides will show you everything you need to know to become a ‘White water warrior.’ When we are all happy….the fun begins….
We start off with our ‘practice rapid’. A nice span of small rapids to let you practice your paddling and turns and give you a feel for the water, your raft and for things to come. Our guides will be with you every step of the way – showing you the best way to go and what to look out for. Stretches of calm separates each group of rapids where the sights and sounds of nature connect you back to the wild. Ulysses butterflies, birds of prey, rainbow bee eaters are a common sight. Focus and you will see so much more as you cruise through 410 million year old rainforests. The scenery alone is worthy of the experience. But don’t get too distracted – here come some rapids – woo hoo!
Rapids get a little bigger and trickier, you’ll watch the water currents, dodge rocks, steer your raft to take the rapids head on, crash through a wall of foaming water, and emerge drenched but euphoric at the feeling of the conquest, and eager for more. And more you shall get..…With each rapid comes more confidence, more control and more excitement. You may go in, you may not, but that’s how nature rolls, and one things for certain, what nature teaches you, will be with you forever.… what you learn about yourself is priceless….Welcome ‘White Water Warrior’ You paddled, conquered and survived the Wildside.
With any luck by the time we load the rafts onto the trailer, the grin on your face may have relaxed enough to wrap your lips around a nice cold beer, Change into some dry clothes, jump on the bus and relax for your cruisy ride back to civilisation.
All equipment hire: raft, helmet, paddle, life jacket
- Pick-up Mission Beach – 9am/Cairns – 7am
- 12km of fun
- Rapid grades 2,3
- Morning Tea
- 9.00 am start
- Minimum age 6 years
- + FREE BEER !
What to bring
- Change of clothes (wet set/dry set)
- Plastic bag
- Baseball cap to fit under your helmet
- Enclosed footwear or sandals
- Waiver of liability to be signed before participation
- Your Go pro (we have mounts on some helmets so make sure you have the correct attachment for your go pro) n.b. Taking your Go Pro or any other device is at your own risk, we will endeavor to provide back up ties etc to secure it, but please make sure your device is insured for rafting.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.