We provide an insider’s guide to one of the friendliest marine mammals in Queensland’s waters; dolphins. Aboard a comfortable multi award-winning sailing vessel we will take you right to the spot where the dolphins are enabling you to watch pods of the bottlenose (aduncas) and indo-pacific humpbacks (sousa chineses) dolphins, as they play along the coast of the Great Sandy Straits. These magnificent marine creatures will take your breath away as you get up close and personal with them in their own environment, creating a memory that will last forever.
Our Fraser Island Eco-Sailing Adventure has been going for nearly 10 years with a 95% success rate in finding dolphins each time! The tour lasts approximately four hours and morning tea is provided. In the summer, weather permitting, there is often the opportunity to take a swim near one of the shallow sand banks.
In addition to finding dolphins on our tour, you may also spot turtles, dugongs, seabirds and other marine life. That’s Queensland for you!
- Multi award winning sail vessel
- Low passenger numbers
- Over 27 years experience with marine mammals
- Multi lingual crew
- Lowest carbon footprint
- Morning tea
- Fully licensed
- Courtesy bus available
- 7.30am – Complementary transfers from your Hervey Bay accommodation
- 8.30am – Departs the Great Sandy Straits Marina, Hervey Bay
- 10am – Morning tea en route to to the dolphins
- 11.30pm – Time to say goodbye to the dolphins as we head back while you relax on the decks
- 12.30pm – Arrive back at the marina where you can then board the courtesy bus and be dropped back at your accommodation
These are approximate times
What to bring
- Jacket and sensible non-slip shoes
Note: Please avoid wearing black soled shoes as these mark the deck or you can take them off when you are on board.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.