Fraser Island is the world’s largest sand island, 123 km long by 15 km wide.
It was World Heritage Listed in 1992 after a bitter struggle between conservationists, sand mining and logging interests. It is composed almost entirely of vegetation covered sand, with over 40 freshwater lakes and dense rainforest.
Our tours take you into the best areas of this environmentally sensitive region and discover its precious eco-systems, abundant wildlife and natural beauty.
Throughout the day you will touch on and appreciate nature’s magnificent paradox. Seemingly endless golden beaches encompass towering hardwood forests, barren heathland, pristine rainforests, huge creeping sandblow deserts, crystal clear freshwater lakes, gurgling blood red streams, prehistoric ferns, mosaic coloured sands.
- 0700 – depart Noosa – free coastal pick ups.
- Cable barge crossing Noosa River.
- Teewah Coloured Sands – Cooloola National Park.
- Double Island Point, Freshwater Track or Wide Bay Carlo Sand Blow.
- Morning Tea Stop Rainbow Beach (provided).
- Fraser Island Ferry Crossing – Inskip Point to Hook Point.
- 75 Mile Beach travel via Eurong or Happy Valley.
- Inland 4WD Sandy Forest tracks; Satinays, Kauri Forest, etc.
- Midday lunch stop and swim – normally 1.5 to 2 hours at crystal clear freshwater Lake McKenzie.
- Delicious “Aussie style” bush barbecue, choice of prime sirloin steak, delicate white fillet of fish with lemon, or vegetarian burger served with a varied assortment of fresh salads, ‘icy cold’ complimentary drinks (all included in price).
- Lush rainforests – luxuriant canopy of palms and vines – don’t forget your camera for the magnificent rainforest walk!
- Afternoon tea provided on homebound leg.
- 1730hrs estimated return to Noosa.
- Return to your point of pick up.
- Sandy Straits Ferry Crossing
- Seventy five Mile Beach
- Lake McKenzie or Lake Birrabeen
- Rainforest Walk
- Elie creek – Largest Freshwater Creek
- Maheno Shipwreck
- BBQ Lunch & Drinks
- All Fees & Ferry
- Dress Casual
- Don’t forget swimmers, camera and towel
What to bring
- Bring swimmers, towel and camera
- Sunscreen and hat (even in winter)
- Limited storage – hand baggage only, no strollers
- Dress comfortably – it’s not a fashion parade
- Important – please consider these are 4WD tours, conditions can be rough. May not be suitable for people who have back problems, pregnant or prone to motion sickness
- All vehicles are fitted with seat belts
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.