Starting early, we experience the Daintree Rainforest with almost no one else about. Your first stop will see you embarking on a wildlife cruise on the mighty Daintree River, in search of local endemic wildlife. Keep an eye out for the elusive Saltwater Estuarine Crocodile, rainforest frogs and birdlife and flying fruit bats.
Learn about this ancient landscape on a guided nature walk through the rainforest; Keep your eyes out for the Cassowary and the elusive Tree Kangaroo. Take some time to explore some of the untouched beaches along the coast; Witness the Rainforest meeting the reef as you take in the incredible coastline.
Fly through the rainforest canopy with Jungle Surfing’s Canopy tour; offering spectacular views over the coral sea. For those not Jungle Surfing, explore Cape Tribulations beaches and safe rainforest waterholes.
Lunch is deep in the rainforest, with a refreshing swim afterwards in a safe rainforest river. A Bio-Dynamic Ice-cream is included for dessert. Take in the beautiful Alexandra Range Lookout, to witness the Daintree River flowing out into the Coral Sea.
- Transfers from all Port Douglas/ Mossman accommodation
- Passionate local guide
- Beaches of Cape Tribulation
- Guided Rainforest boardwalk
- Restaurant lunch in the rainforest
- Swim in a safe rainforest waterhole
- Sweet Bio-organic ice-cream
- Alexandra Range lookout
- Wildlife cruise on Daintree River
- Small groups – maximum 11
- BPA-free water bottle for the day
- Fresh fruit & snacks
Jungle Surfing Information
- Jungle Surfing is the adventure activity for all ages from 3-103, so the whole family can enjoy the thrill of flying through the rainforest.
- Our smallest child harnesses fit the average three year old upwards and the adult harness is suitable for persons up to 120kg (260lbs or approximately 19 stone).
- Jungle Surfing is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Jungle Surfing is a unique activity where the guides control your flight so no prior experience or specific fitness is required. There is a 250m walk to the first platform along a narrow forest trail, boardwalk and steps, and a short walk from the final platform to the harnessing centre.
- If you have restricted mobility or are concerned about a specific medical condition, please contact us prior to the tour and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and make our best efforts to accommodate you.
- Please note that children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and all persons under 18 years must have a Medical Declaration & Waiver Release signed by a parent or guardian prior to the tour.
- Tours depart approximately 7:15am from Port Douglas
- Tours return approximately 4:30pm to Port Douglas
- Tours operate daily except Christmas Day (25th Dec) with Jungle Surfing also closed New Years Day (1st Jan)
- Itineraries may operate in reverse or in a different sequence
Explore lookouts, boardwalks and fly high through the Rainforest canopy with Jungle Surfing.
A 7.15am start today, will let you experience the Daintree Rainforest with almost no one else about.
A short drive north through scenic sugar cane country, your first stop will see you embarking on a one-hour wildlife cruise on the mighty Daintree River, spotting local endemic wildlife. Keep an eye out for the elusive Saltwater Estuarine Crocodile, rainforest frogs and birdlife and flying fruit bats.
Your cruise will finish in the World Heritage listed Wet Tropics, we venture deep into the heart of the Daintree Rainforest. First stop is a guided nature walk along a Rainforest board walk; Keep your eyes out for the Cassowary and the elusive Tree Kangaroo.
On the journey to Cape Tribulation, take some time to explore some of the untouched beaches along the coast. Witness the Rainforest meeting the reef as you take in the incredible coastline.
Arriving at Cape Tribulation, it’s time to tackle Jungle Surfing; a 1.5-hour trip through the canopy of the rainforest. Your feet don’t touch the ground, rather you fly through the trees on a series of flying fox zip-lines, stopping at 6 tree platforms to take in spectacular bird’s eye views over the treetops, down to cascading streams and out to the Great Barrier Reef.
For those not Jungle Surfing, enjoy exploring Cape Tribulations beaches and safe rainforest waterholes.
Next we head to lunch at a local restaurant, deep in the rainforest.
After Lunch, enjoy a refreshing swim in a safe rainforest river, or simply enjoy the relaxing surroundings. We then head south, stopping for a Bio-Dynamic Ice-cream for dessert.
A photo stop at the beautiful Alexandra Range Lookout is next; From here the Daintree River can be seen flowing out into the Coral Sea.
We then begin the journey back to your accommodation.
Your tour will conclude at your Port Douglas accommodation at approximately 4.30pm
What to bring
- Enclosed shoes suitable for walking short distances and on uneven terrain
- Swimwear & towel
- Any personal medications
- Child age is 3-14 inclusive
- Minimum age is 3
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child seats available free of charge
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.