Travel direct to the Penguin Parade and watch the famous parade of penguins from the larger General Viewing seating area. The beachfront viewing stands and boardwalks offer great outlooks across the beach to start your viewing experience. Can you hear the ‘huk-huk’ of penguins as they gather in their groups and begin moving towards the shore? Watch closely as they emerge from the waves, then waddle across the beach toward their burrows in the dunes. One of the most fascinating wildlife events you will ever see.
- A convenient Melbourne city centre afternoon departure. You have more free time to explore Melbourne!
- Learn about Melbourne as we travel out through the south-eastern suburbs.
- We include a short drink/snack/toilet break about halfway to the island.
- Enjoy a scenic drive around the edge of Westernport Bay to wonderful Phillip Island.
- Hear about the history of Phillip Island and the Penguin Parade.
- Take in the spectacular Bass Strait coastal views while on a short walk at The Nobbies. (depending on time available)
- Look for wild swamp wallabies, penguin burrows, sea birds and birds of prey while on a drive around Summerland Peninsula.
- We arrive at the Penguin Parade approximately one hour before the penguins are due to appear. There is time for a snack in the cafe, souvenir shopping and learning more about the penguins in the Visitor Centre.
- Enjoy all of the penguin viewing time available, about one hour, in the General Viewing seating area (3000 seats) and along the boardwalks. We are usually one of the last tour buses to leave.
- We will take you home to any accommodation in Melbourne’s city centre, Docklands or Southbank.
- Commentary is provided throughout the day by your friendly professional driver/guide.
- All tours have a maximum of 11 passengers and we travel in comfortable aircon minibuses.
- Hotel Transfer
- Food and Drinks
- January 3.30pm
- February March 3.00pm
- April – September 1.30pm
- October – December 3.00pm
- Late December 3.30pm
Return time: Approximately 8 hours after departure. Less in winter, more in summer.
What to bring
- Bring or wear warm waterproof comfortable clothing and closed shoes in any season. Bring a camera, although no photography of the penguins is permitted.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.