Your flight experience begins early in the morning at the Hyatt Hotel, centrally located on Commonwealth Ave, a two minute walk from Parliament House.
We meet just before dawn as this is the best time to fly. From the Hyatt you are taken in our vehicles to the launch site. It takes around 20-25 minutes for the balloon to be inflated and standing upright ready for boarding. You are welcome to help with the setup of the balloon or simply stand back and take photos as your aircraft takes shape and comes to life.
Dawn lift-off! As the new day dawns, you will ascend into the sky in your colourful balloon. Your balloon will float gently along the breeze, whilst in your basket you will feel completely secure with very little sensation of movement. During your flight you may find yourself drifting just above the treetops then moments later effortlessly ascending to heights of 2000 feet or more.
Photography from the balloon is encouraged and you will be rewarded with stunning shots of Canberra, providing you with years of fond memories.
After approximately one hour you will be greeted by your ground crew as you touch back down to earth. The balloon is packed away with lots of laughs, then you hop back into our vehicles and we return to the Canberra Hyatt. Passengers are served Australian sparkling “champagne” and presented with a commemorative flight certificate as part of our traditional ballooning celebration.
- Departs just a 2 minute walk from Parliament House.
- Get involved and assist the crew with the setup of the balloon – or just stand back and watch.
- Begin your ascent into the sky as the new day dawns.
- Enjoy the magnificent views as you reach heights of 2000 feet or more.
- Take your camera and snap some amazing arial shots of Canberra to help you remember the experience for years to come!
- Upon landing receive your commemorative flight certificate and a glass of Australian sparkling “champagne” as part of the traditional ballooning celebration.
- Approximately 1 hour Hot Air Balloon flight
- Commemorative flight certificate
- Champagne celebration at the conclusion of the flight
- Buffet Breakfast (available for purchase on the day of the flight)
- In-flight photos are taken and can be purchased immediately after your flight
- Flight takes approximately 1 hour
- Please allow approximately 4 hours for the entire experience
- Your flight may be rescheduled in the event of bad weather.
- Wear clothes as for hiking, i.e. sturdy shoes that will keep your feet warm and dry and long pants
- All flights are conducted by CASA approved pilots and your comfort, safety and enjoyment are, at all times, our primary consideration.
The meeting place is in the foyer of Canberra´s premier five star hotel, The Park Hyatt, which is located on Commonwealth Avenue, Yarralumla, just two minutes from Parliament House.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.