Buy your Australia Zoo tickets here AND skip the queue! Queensland’s Australia Zoo, made famous by the late, great Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin, is often referred to as Australia’s best zoo and is one of the Sunshine Coast’s absolute must-do family attractions. Renowned for its balance of both variety of animals and upbeat and informative wildlife shows, Australia Zoo is the closest thing in the country to an “animal theme park”.
Australia Zoo is one of the most highly-regarded wildlife facilities in all of Australia, featuring a huge range of animals, shows and many exhibits that each highlight a different aspect of the animal kingdom, such as the Crocoseum where you’ll be able to see crocodiles jumping to be fed, the open-range Africa exhibit, the Tiger Temple and much more.
- The Crocoseum – Check out our resident Masters of Ceremonies doing their thing during the wildlife shows, as well as a whole host of crazy and hilarious characters!
- Tiger Temple – Home to our majestic Sumatrans and Bengal tigers, the Tiger Temple provides an amazing opportunity for you to get up-close with these magnificent big cats
- Africa – Crikey! It’s as wild as life gets at Australia Zoo’s new open range exhibit – Africa! Stage one is now open an you can see the only multi-species African exhibit in Queensland
- Get up close and personal to our amazing animals and experience all the wildlife action at our daily shows. See our cheeky otters and live the WILD life in the Crocoseum. You can watch gorgeous tigers play and so much more!
- Children ages 2 and under free
- Mobile vouchers accepted
- General Admission
- Daily shows and presentations
Daily Show Schedule
- Kids Story Time – 10am
- Morning Otters LIVE – 10.30am
- Tortoise LIVE – 10am
- Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors – 12pm
- Koalas LIVE – 1pm
- Otters LIVE – 1.30pm
- Afternoon Crocs LIVE! – 2.30pm
- Birds of Prey LIVE – 3pm
- Afternoon Otters LIVE – 3.30pm
Getting to Australia Zoo
Travel on the Bruce Highway, take the Steve Irwin Way exit and follow the signs. Takes roughly 1 hour from Brisbane, 2 hours from the Gold Coast, and 3.5 hours from Hervey Bay
Catch the train from Central Station, Brisbane to Beerwah. Local bus transfers can be caught from the Beerwah train station to Australia Zoo.
Australia Zoo Coach pickup service from the Sunshine Coast
Australia Zoo has partnered with Greyhound Australia for pick up and drop off coach services around the Sunshine Coast. Greyhound operate daily services between Noosa, Coolum, Maroochydore, Alexandra Headlands, Mooloolaba and Australia Zoo in Beerwah
- Open daily from 9am to 5pm. Closed Christmas Day (25th December) and open from 1.30pm to 5.30pm ANZAC Day (25th April)
What to Bring
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Rain Poncho
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
What NOT to Bring
- Domestic Animals
- Your own animal food. Please feed our wildlife the correct food and do not bring your own food. Animal food is available from the Kids Zoo and Kids Shop
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.