Join us for your dream Cairns tour – one that’s chill, fun and all about nature. We’ll show you all the best things to do in the tropical oasis of the Atherton Tablelands, from taking a dip beneath some of Cairns most epic waterfalls to exploring the mystic curtain of roots set by a half a century old tree. If your lucky enough you may be able to spot some of Australia’s endemic wildlife in the Rainforest like the famous Cassowaries
Just a day trip from Cairns, you’ll feel a world away. Meet new friends, discover Australia’s unique landscape and chow down on a box of Tim Tams at the end of it all. Let’s go!
We are not strict with the itinerary and often throw in other stops or change locations depending on time/weather, and sometimes we run the whole tour backwards for shits and giggles!!
These are the regular stops: Cathedral Fig Tree, Lake Eacham, Dinner Falls and The Crater, Millaa Millaa Falls, Josephine Falls
All meals are included during the day.
- Transfers to/from your Cairns hotel/hostel
- Morning Tea (fruits, cakes, & muffins)
- Beautiful lookouts & awesome photo opportunities
- Locally grown tea & plunger coffee (not that cheap instant crap)
- Chance to spot rainforest wildlife (cassowaries, tree kangaroos)
- Picnic lunch (fresh bread, salad items, meat & fruit platter)
- Multiple swimming spots including waterfalls & a natural water slide
- Afternoon tea (good ol’ Aussie Tim Tams, quick fruit stop)
What to Bring
- Togs, swimmers, bathers, bikini, boardies, (whatever you like to call them!!). If you’d rather go naked, that’s fine too!!
- A dry change of clothes (maybe something warm in winter)
- Sunscreen– watch out for that good ol’ Aussie sun, otherwise you’ll be a lobster before you know it! A hat’s not a bad idea either
- Insect repellent for those pesky mozzies
- Footwear– whatever you’re comfortable with (no high heels please ladies!). Easy tracks, so thongs are fine
Your Atherton Tablelands tour kicks off around 7am from any Cairns city hotel (or hostel) in our fun bright orange bus!
We customize our route/timings on a daily basis, based on the customers and the weather that nature delivers each day… The main sights are lisited in order and sometimes we do them backwards.
Barefoot Tours returns around 6-7:30pm. We can return you to your Cairns city hotel (or hostel) or we can drop you off anywhere in the Cairns CBD city area.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.