Departing daily from Sorrento Pier at 9:00am and 1:00pm from October to April. Our cruises commences with a light breakfast or lunch, after which we travel out into the sheltered shallows of Port Phillip Bay to embark on an exciting once in a life time adventure.
Arriving at Chinaman’s Hat where you can put your newfound skills into action, this is a local spot where the ever-curious Australian Fur Seals are waiting to share their underwater world with you. Chinaman’s Hat is a man made structure built just for the Seals! Offering shallow water snorkelling and beautiful white sand seabed, this area has a maximum depth of 4mts.
Once the dolphins are located we ready into groups of 10 people and prepare to entre the water, floating on the waters surface your guides will try to entice the dolphins to spend time with our group, where they swim beneath you and often circle swimmers looking at you and showing off their amazing abilities. Every swim is unique and the time we spend with the dolphins varies. It must be appreciated that they are completely wild and the interactions are on the animals’ terms. We advise you to understand there are not guarantees or refunds, if we do not see dolphins on your tour you are welcome to come back for free within 3 months.
Our cruises also include a snorkel with the Sea Dragons; these prehistoric looking sea horses are unique to our area and closely related to the famous leafy sea dragons these spectacular animals are Victoria’s Marine emblem.
We strive to achieve an experience that is truly a breathtaking adventure – and one you will never forget!
Tours facilities and inclusions
- Luxury purpose built boat,
- Premium wildlife snorkeling activities,
- Amazing photo opportunities,
- All snorkeling equipment including full length wetsuits,
- Breakfast (morning tour) or Lunch (afternoon tour)
- On board hot showers,
- Undercover Seating,
- Limited group/small group tour,
- Sunscreen, and self serve refreshments,
- Guided activities by qualified naturalists,
- Self serve premium tea selection, coffee and hot Chocolate,
- Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see dolphins on your tour come back for free!
- Transfers from Melbourne (you need to make your own way to Sorrento Pier, approximately 1.5hrs from the Melbourne CBD)
What to Bring
- Dolphins and seals are wild animals in their own habitat. Although every effort is made, sightings every time cannot be guaranteed
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.