Luxury boats are perfect for an intimate cruise with your loved one or alternatively a small corporate function or social gathering.
Licensed to seat up to 10 passengers, the Harvey A offers a private, luxury cruising experience designed to create a feeling of ownership of your vessel for the duration of your cruise. Harvey A is a fully electric-powered vessel which means a quieter cruise for you and your guests with no fumes and emissions and the option of a fully enclosed cabin should Melbourne turn on inclement weather. With no license required and a self-drive hire option available, the Harvey A can be yours for a day or evening cruise, or book one of our experienced skippers to take you on a fully catered luxury cruise where all you need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.
Take in Melbourne’s feature landmarks from a completely new perspective away from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets such as the BotanicalGardens, Herring Island Park, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Southbank, Federation Square, and Docklands as well as taking in the beauty of the Yarra surrounds of jetties, parks and its breathtaking riverside beauty.
Harvey A offers everything you need to enjoy a day or evening on the water.
- Spectacular views of Melbourne
- See Melbourne from a different view
- Luxurious vessels with experienced crew
- Scenic and unbeatable views of Melbourne
- Food and Beverage: BYO to enjoy or view
- Clean modern and luxurious vessels
- Experienced staff and crew
- Quite eco-friendly vessels
- Licensed to seat 10 passengers comfortably
- Electric powered – no noise, no fumes, and no emissions
- No license required
- Perfect for cruising
- Very easy to drive and easy to maneuver
- Can be fully enclosed for inclement weather conditions
- Easy to board
- Navigational lights
- Fenders and mooring lines
- Max speed 5 knots
- 2 tables with white table cloths
- Esky under seat
- Stereo with 3.5mm AV jack input to play music via your phone
- USB charging port for phones
Self drive boat hire safety briefing video
Touring Map showing points of interest along the Yarra River
Self-Drive Hire Terms and Conditions
- A security bond of $500 is required and taken as pre-authorization from a valid credit card before hire commences.
- The hirer must arrive 15 minutes prior to hiring time for boat operation and safety briefing
- If you arrive late, your booking end hire time remains the same and cannot be moved back
- Late return of boat will incur a charge of $50 per 15 minutes late
- The hirer is responsible for all damages to the boat when on hire
- If the boat is returned back in an unacceptable clean state not similar to received then a cleaning fee of $100 will apply
- The hirer/ nominated driver must be over the age of 21 and provide a copy of valid identification such as drivers license
- No smoking onboard – If any evidence of smoking on board the $500 security bond will not be returned
- No fishing from the boat
- No swimming from the boat
- The nominated driver must remain under .00 blood alcohol content at all times during hire
- The hirer must inform of any incidents or any injuries during the hire period
- The hirer must have a functioning mobile phone in case of emergency
- Melbourne Boat Hire is not responsible for personal belongings
- The hirer must adhere to all applicable nautical rules
- Pricing may vary
- No refund will be given if the boat is returned earlier then the due time
- The hirer is responsible for the safety of all passengers on board
- In the event of needing assistance due to hirers own fault and not following instructions a call out fee of $250 will apply
- In the event of cancellation, the hirer must provide at least 7 days notice and the booking can be rescheduled to another date within 12 months. If cancellation is received less than 7 days prior to booking will be forfeited.
- If extreme weather prevents hirer for undertaking booking, the booking will be rescheduled to an available date within 12 months from the original booking date.
- Each change request for a booking date or time will incur an administration fee of $50
- Only at the discretion of the Manager will a refund be considered. In the event, a refund is given a $50 administration charge will incur.